Business needs data analysis and forecast for decision making. Financial analytics is the process of collecting and assessing financial data to understand where the business stands currently and where it is heading. This includes all the tools that are used for enhancing the profitability of the company.
Graphs and charts form an important part of financial analytics. These tools help to give a clear visual representation of the business data. The complexity of the information gets reduced and the various patterns and scenarios are identified easily. You can predict the future trends and the likely behavioral patterns for right decision making.
Analysis requires tools
A successful business requires positive and motivated entrepreneurship. Apart from that it also needs the right planning, analysis, and effective strategies and decisions for long term growth. Decision-makers have a number of tools at their disposal to help them in this regard. Let’s go through a few important ones.
- Predictive Sales Analytics (PSA) – Sales are what keeps a company alive. With PSA predicting the sales of the company for a month or year becomes easy. You can forecast a dip in sales and adjust your existing strategies or devise new ones. You will get a clear picture of where the sales are going and what measures will work best to resolve the bottlenecks.
- Product Profitability Analytics (PPA) – Companies have a number of product lines and it is vital to know which are making profit and which are not. PPA can help to evaluate a product, understand the consumer demand for it and determine its profitability. This analysis simplifies product promotion strategies. Non-performing products can be withdrawn and the ones with profit potential can be promoted.
- Customer Profitability Analytics (CPA) – Customer analysis plays an important part in business decisions. Customers can be profitable customers or non-profitable customers. They might bring value to the business or cause unnecessary risk. Identifying the customer segments on this criterion can boost your revenue by helping you to focus your marketing efforts on the right customers.
- Share Holder Value Analytics (SVA) – Use SVA to adjust your business value. This tool helps to understand the returns your business provides to the stockholders. The risk and value your business gives to the shareholder can be determined. Combine this tool with revenue analytics and profit analytics for better execution and comprehension.
- Cash Flow Analytics (CFA) – Understanding the business cash flow requirements is crucial for its smooth functioning. What are the cash inflow and outflow? What is the current capital requirement? How much capital do you require for the future? All this can be understood with the help of CFA.
- Value Driver Analytics (VDA) – This tool is highly useful in helping you to analyze the strategic drivers of the business and achieve the desired outcome. You can understand the factors that affect your business positively and negatively and take the right decisions.
Utilize these tools in your business to improve the understanding of the functioning, challenges, risks, and strengths. Accurate analysis and forecasting can work towards achieving the organizational goals and increase the shareholder values.